Our Vision & Mission
To see God glorified as people from Petersburg and every nation under heaven become fully devoted followers of Christ Jesus.
To make disciples of all nations by worshiping the Lord Jesus, building up the Body of Christ, and shining the light of Jesus into our neighborhoods and the nations.
- Psalm 115:1; Matthew 5:14-16; 22:37-40; 28:18-20; Mark 16:15; Luke 19:10; John 15:5; Acts 1:8; Romans 12:1-2; 2 Corinthians 5:20; Ephesians 4:11-16; Colossians 1:18; Hebrews 10:24-25; 1 Peter 2:9; 2 Peter 3:18, et al
- This vision statement refocuses us on the target for which we aim. Our goal is to see God glorified as people from our city and all over the world come to salvation in Christ Jesus and become more and more Christ-like.
- This mission statement clarifies for us what the church is already called to do in order to see the vision come to life, which is to go and make disciples of all nations. Three primary areas of focus involved in making disciples include:
- Worshiping the Lord Jesus This means that we live our lives for the honor and glory of God, loving Him with all our heart, soul, mind and strength, trusting Him and obeying His Word, seeking His will and delighting ourselves in Him, abiding in Christ, walking in step with the Holy Spirit and making Christ preeminent in our lives.
- Building up the Body of Christ This means that we love one another with the love of Christ, encouraging and strengthening one another in the faith, promoting unity in our fellowship, serving one another, using our spiritual gifts for the good of the Body, growing together in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, and teaching and equipping each other to carry out the work of the ministry.
- Shining the light of Jesus into our neighborhoods and the nations This means that we live in such a way that the light of Christ shines through us so that others will see our good deeds and glorify our Father in heaven, as well as proclaim the greatness of God’s mercy and grace in Jesus, seeking the salvation of the lost in our own community and to the ends of the earth as ambassadors and witnesses of Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit.